Kingdom Prep athletic programs offer our students the chance to glorify God with their efforts and achievements, while also representing their school in local and state-wide competition. Currently, KPA offers participation in six sports.
- Six-man Football
- Cross Country (individual pursuit)
- Track and Field
- Spirit Squad
Our high school teams participate in the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS), which allows us the opportunity to compete for district and state championships against teams across all of Texas. Our junior high athletics programs are members of the West Texas Christian Athletic Association (WTCAA), which includes competition against teams from Lubbock, Plainview, and Amarillo.
The KPA athletic department strives to provide consistent and godly coaching while simultaneously emphasizing the fundamentals of the sport in our athletic programs.
ATHLETE OBLIGATIONS & EXPECTATIONS
- Students will enroll in the athletic class period (3:30-5:15 p.m. on Monday/Wednesday/Friday).
- While a sport is in season, students must participate in practices on Tuesday/Thursday (usually from 3:30-5:15 p.m., although practices may sometimes be scheduled in the early morning hours).
- Teams will not practice or play on Sundays or Wednesday evening after 6 p.m. to allow athletes to be fully involved with their churches and families.
- Practices will not be held on Saturdays, but games will occasionally be played on Saturdays.
- KPA partners with Premier Sportsplex for weight training and other training equipment. Basketball teams also use Premier for basketball practice occasionally. Monthly memberships are reduced from the regular rate to only $16/month for KPA students. This fee provides full access to the facility.