NEXT WEEK’S DATES TO REMEMBER:
|Sun||11/4||Daylight Saving Time ends–set your clocks back one hour!|
|Mon||11/5||Hot lunch–Taco Villa bean burrito, chips, dessert, and a drink (order by 4 PM on Sunday 11/4)|
|Registration begins for all NEW families|
|11:30-12||Student congress meeting|
|3 PM||Booster club meeting|
|4 PM||7th grade girls basketball @ Southcrest|
|5 PM||8th grade girls basketball@ Southcrest|
|6 PM||8th grade boys basketball@ Southcrest|
|Tues||11/6||6 PM||HS girls varsity basketball vs. Loop|
|Wed||11/7||Hot lunch: Spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, homemade brownies, drink (order by 4 PM on Tuesday 11/6!)|
|11:30-11:55||Upper school chapel (everyone is invited to attend!)|
|Thu||11/8||7 PM||High School football vs. Lubbock Titans|
|Fri||11/9||6 PM||High School Girls Basketball vs. Southcrest @ Frenship Middle School|
|7:30 PM||High School Boys Basketball vs. Southcrest @ Frenship Middle School|
|Sat||11/10||Junior High Basketball–St. Andrews Tournament|
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THE UPCOMING DATES:
Wednesday 11/14: Grammar School Thanksgiving Feast (Order through RenWeb by Friday, 11/9)
Thursday 11/15: Grand Tour meeting
Week of 11/19-11/23: Thanksgiving Break
Wednesday 11/28: Picture retakes; senior cap and gown photos and class photo
There was perfect fall weather, delicious food, and lots of fall fun to be had at last week’s Fall Festival! Special thanks to everyone who helped pull off the event. Enjoy just a few pictures from the evening…
It’s time for Spring 2019 registration! In an effort to simplify this process, we have created a new system where existing KPA families need not do anything for spring enrollment. Upon completion of the required Community Update meeting, families will be billed through FACTS $110/student during the second week of November for Spring 2019 registration. If your student is NOT returning next semester OR his/her schedule needs to change in any way, please turn in an add/drop form by November 1.
Just to reiterate, please make note of the following items pertaining to your student’s enrollment:
- Early enrollment ($110/student) began October 22nd and ends November 18th.
- Late enrollment ($160/student) begins November 19th and ends December 1st, which is the last day of enrollment for Spring 2019.
- Enrollment for NEW families begins November 5th and ends December 1st.
- If you HAVE fulfilled your requirement of attending the Community Update and are eligible for Spring 2019 enrollment, your student(s) will be automatically enrolled in the same classes for next semester. You do not need to do anything UNLESS something needs to change with his/her schedule, in which case you will need to fill out an add/drop form and turn in to the front desk or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any NEW student not already enrolled in KPA classes should go to our website (www.kingdomprep.org, admissions tab) and fill out the online application no later than December 1st for Spring 2019 considerations.
Upper School News
It’s that time of the week again – our new Let’s Talk video is live and ready to view! This week we talk about change and how to focus on an unchanging God during a period of life that brings a great amount of changes to a junior high student.
The School of Logic girls (who get together usually once a month for Bible study) visited Genesis Nursing Facility on Saturday. They wrote notes and passed out bananas to the residents. They also sang a couple of songs for them. They were asked to dress in costume as the residents were celebrating Halloween early.
High School Football:
Notre Dame: 32 KPA: 25
Congratulations to Lincoln Fleischman, who placed 3rd at the TAPPS state Cross Country meet in Waco on Monday! He ran 3.2 miles in 18:18. Way to go, Lincoln!
Fine Arts News
*If you would like photos or announcements included in the Warrior Weekly, please send to email@example.com by noon Thursday each week.