NEXT WEEK’S DATES TO REMEMBER:
|Sun||10/28||Happy birthday, Coach Page!|
|Mon||10/29||8:30-9:30||School of Rhetoric Preview Meeting for 8th Grade Parents|
|4 PM||7th grade girls basketball vs. Plainview Christian|
|5 PM||7th grade boys basketball vs. Plainview Christian|
|6 PM||8th grade girls basketball vs. Plainview Christian|
|Tues||10/30||6 PM||HS girls varsity basketball vs. Ascension|
|7:30 PM||HS boys varsity basketball vs. Ascension|
|Wed||10/31||Hot lunch: Beef hot dog, chips, dessert, drink (order on RenWeb by Tuesday @ 4)|
|11:30-11:55||Upper school chapel (everyone is invited to attend!)|
|Thu||11/1||4 PM||7th grade girls basketball vs. Sharp|
|5 PM||7th grade boys basketball vs. Sharp|
|6 PM||8th grade girls basketball vs. Lubbock Titans|
|7 PM||8th grade boys basketball vs. Lubbock Titans|
|Fri||11/2||8:15-9:15 AM||Community update make-up meeting (required for spring enrollment if you did not attend the community update on 10/15)|
|11:30-11:55||House games hosted by the House of Chalmers|
|7:30 PM||High School football @ Plainview Christian|
|Sat||11/3||10:30 AM||High School girls basketball vs. Talkington|
|12:30 PM||High School boys basketball vs. El Paso Jesus Chapel|
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THE UPCOMING DATES:
Monday 11/5: Registration opens for new families
Wednesday 11/14: Upper school chapel; Grammar School Thanksgiving Feast
Thursday 11/15: Grand tour meeting
Week of 11/19-11/23: Thanksgiving Break
Wednesday 11/28: Picture retakes; senior cap and gown and class picture
It’s time for Spring 2019 registration! In an effort to simplify this process, we have created a new system where existing KPA families need not do anything for spring enrollment. Upon completion of the required Community Update meeting, families will be billed through FACTS $110/student during the second week of November for Spring 2019 registration. If your student is NOT returning next semester OR his/her schedule needs to change in any way, please turn in an add/drop form by November 1.
Just to reiterate, please make note of the following items pertaining to your student’s enrollment:
- Early enrollment ($110/student) begins October 22nd and ends November 18th.
- Late enrollment ($160/student) begins November 19th and ends December 1st, which is the last day of enrollment for Spring 2019.
- Enrollment for NEW families begins November 5th and ends December 1st.
- If you HAVE fulfilled your requirement of attending the Community Update and are eligible for Spring 2019 enrollment, your student(s) will be automatically enrolled in the same classes for next semester. You do not need to do anything UNLESS something needs to change with his/her schedule, in which case you will need to fill out an add/drop form and turn in to the front desk or scan and email to email@example.com.
- If you HAVE NOT fulfilled your requirement of attending the Community Update, your student(s) will not be automatically enrolled until this is done. If you are unable to attend the make-up meeting on November 2nd, you could potentially lose your child’s place in his/her class, as enrollment for new families begins on November 5th.
- Any NEW student not already enrolled in KPA classes should go to our website (www.kingdomprep.org, admissions tab) and fill out the online application no later than December 1st for Spring 2019 considerations.
Grammar School News
4th grade had a fabulous time discovering what it was like to live in early colonial America.
Friday Enrichment Day fun…Students learned how to make fake blood in drama class.
Upper School News
Our weekly Let’s Talk video is now live! This week we feature our 12th Grade Discipleship capstone class and get to meet their teacher, Paul Hodnett.
Mrs. Smith’s 8th graders had a great time launching their rockets last week.
Congrats to our JH football team who wrapped up their season last week and finished with a record of 6-1-1. What a great season and all of them did a great job showing Warrior pride each day and week!
After having a bye last week, HS football is ready for their 2nd district game tomorrow at 3pm. It is at our home field in Wilson! We will be celebrating our seniors in football and spirit squad so come out and honor our seniors and cheer our football team as they battle Notre Dame of Wichita Falls.
Fine Arts News
We want to congratulate our One-Act play cast and crew who received 2nd place today at district and are advancing to STATE! The state competition will be on Tuesday, Nov. 13, in Kerrville.
We also want to congratulate Taylor Collier, who was named Best Actor; Kelbey Walls, Micah Collier, and Maloree Martin, who were named to the All-Star cast; Ben Glass, who was chosen for Honorable Mention All-Star cast; and All-Star crew members James Hawthorne and Sam Nicholson.
*If you would like photos or announcements included in the Warrior Weekly, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon Thursday each week.